Tuesday, March 17, 2009

How About Some Crow?

Well, I've been eating crow this week. It was bound to happen at some time, I just didn't think it would be quite so soon following the broccoli disaster.

Last Monday we had the missionaries coming for dinner. I was making sweet and sour meatballs. It was just before 5:00 p.m. and everything was coming together on schedule. The doorbell rang and in the few minutes it took to greet the missionaries, walk them to the living room, and get back to the kitchen, the dish scortched. Badly. I thought I had turned the heat down when I went to answer the door, but evidently not.

And when I made such a big deal over the burned broccoli a few weeks ago (compliments of my very sweet but occasionally distracted husband), it only feels right to share my own kitchen mishap.

However, in my defense I'd like to state the following: I was cooking for others, I only left the pan for a moment, there was no smoke or stench of burned broccoli wafting through the house, and I was able to salvage the dinner. (Salvaging trick: added some barbecue sauce and smoke-flavored salt.)

So I'm eating crow, and you know what? It tastes a lot like chicken!

1 comment:

  1. Cute story. It probably makes your hubby secretly happy inside. Misery does love company.

    ReplyDelete