Thursday, January 22, 2009

What's this all about, anyway?

Why a blog? Why now? Why not? A few questions I've been asking myself. I've decided it's a need to reach out, keep in touch, and stay connected with family and friends - wherever they may be. Given time zone differences, work schedules, family schedules, church responsibilities, etc., it's hard to get together. I love the chance calls or e-mails when I actually connect "live" with the other person. It makes my day!

So, although it's not likely I'll be connecting live with most who read this (if anyone reads it), but at least it's something that shows that I'm alive. . . and hopefully doing more than just working (which really is consuming a whole lot more time than expected). And it will give others (anyone?) the opportunity to let the rest of us know what's going on. Perhaps post a photo or two. Give the scoop from the latest birthday party (and I don't mean just ice cream). Offer suggestions, advice, ideas. Share recipes. Connect - even from a distance.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lor-

    What a great idea! I have thought about starting a blog too, but haven't. Plus, my life is boring! I am impressed you are doing this- you can also print it off in a photo book as a journal later.... I think this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori, this is Mckenna. "Why not have a blog? is a great question, that I would like an answer to, as well... My birthday is coming up (Feb 6th), so it's just around the corner. Other than that, my life is kind of boring, too. I'm in Jr. High and it is really fun! Thats all for now. I am so glad that you have a blog now. That is really cool! I am going to get one, too! P.S. Ginger says 'hi'!
    Love, McKenna

    ReplyDelete