Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Youth Conference Food - Recipes are Coming

Youth conference for the Buffalo Stake YM/YW was held September 11-12 at Seneca Lake, NY. The area is beautiful and youth conference was a fabulous experience.

I was in charge of the kitchen, and the food turned out well! It was a blast to cook in a professional kitchen and to have the huge Hobart mixer, the gas range, 6 huge ovens, proofing ovens. . . and the dish machine (cleans and sterilizes dishes in about 90 seconds) - amazing! It wasn't until everything was over that I realized we had taken exactly 0 - zero! - photos of the kitchen, food, helpers, etc. And for a group of volunteers who had never worked together before, we had a good time and got everything done. Positive experience all around.

Anyway, several people requested the recipes I used, all of which came from our family cookbooks. The next several posts will be the recipes. If anyone wants/needs the quantity versions I used at the camp, just let me know and I'll post those, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment