Friday, February 20, 2009

Channeling Scarlet O'Hara



It's been one of those days, actually two of those days. I've spent about 20 of the last 36 hours trying to get "clean" data for a report that was due today, and it just isn't happening. At first I thought it was me, but after 5+ hours on the phone with technical support, the "experts" couldn't figure out the problem, either. The system will be down tonight for scheduled maintenance. So, channeling Miz Scarlet, "I'll think about it tomorrow!"

I'm not a quitter, but there comes a time when enough is enough. I can hear a hot shower calling, followed by a gentle dive into a new book (Fortune's Rocks by Anita Shreve), and possibly an early night. Or not. But I'm done working for today. And if anyone has issues with that, they can answer to Rhett. Because "frankly, my dear, I don't give a ______."

No comments:

Post a Comment