Monday, February 16, 2009

Contest Winners - Congratulations

Congratulations, winners! This race definitely went to the swiftest:

Cole Smith
Katie Stone
Cathy Measer
Charlene Holden
Diane Costanza

I think you all are winners, but I'm definitely the biggest winner because I know you and because each of you have blessed my life in so many ways. And the responses I've received have certainly brightened up my dreary NY winter (which isn't seeming nearly as dreary as it was)!

Prizes will be coming by the end of March. Hmmmm, wonder what they will be? I guess we'll find out together!

Thanks for the comments and the questions, which I'll take a stab at answering now.
  • What is my favorite church calling? I think every calling has been my favorite while I've been in it. If I can only choose one, however, I'd probably say Relief Society president - because of the wonderful women I was able to serve with, the great women in the ward I was able to get to know, and the outstanding bishops (Bishop Maxfield and Bishop Larsen) I learned from.
  • Where do I think I'll be living in 2 years? Hopefully, in a house.
  • What's the scariest thing I've had to face? Rheumatoid arthritis. I'm one of the incredibly lucky 10% of people where it goes into remission. I give thanks every day that I can walk, write, and hold things.
  • What's my favorite movie I've seen in the last year (videos included)? Good thing videos are included, because that's all we watch! My newest favorite movie is Mama Mia - just because the music is so catchy, the actors seem to be having a great time in it, and it has a happy ending. (I'm a sucker for a movie with a happy ending.) One of my all-time favorites, however, is Pride and Prejudice (the A&E version).

2 comments:

  1. Lori, Your blog is so much fun--the writing is Pulitzer-prize winning. :) It really is fun to keep in touch this way. And I am so looking forward to visiting you and Mark in June. My sister is on vacation right now, but when she returns, we'll find a date when she can tend Morgan and then see if that date works with your schedule too. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Kerry was coming out! That sounds fun! I love your blog too.

    ReplyDelete