Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day! And a Contest. . .

Valentine's Day Flowers

Saturday morning began with a bouquet of beautiful flowers and hand dipped chocolate covered strawberries. The photo only shows the flowers because, well, the strawberries didn't last very long. . . But the stawberries were fabulous while they lasted. They were HUGE. One was dipped in white chocolate and then in little chocolate curls, the next was dipped in milk chocolate and then in toasted coconut (divine!), and my favorite was dipped in milk chocolate and then in chopped pistachios. But my MOST FAVORITE valentine is my sweet Mark - he's the best!


Rob Aaron, Nick Kaiser, Elder Shenk, Levi Pace, Elder Rose, Mark (in front)


Then 3 of the Priests in Mark's Young Men and the 2 Elders serving in Lockport, NY came to breakfast. We had such a great time! I made Bishop Larsen's buttermilk pancakes, my sister Katie's buttermilk syrup, an egg casserole, sausage links, and strawberries. It was great, and great fun.

I love being with these Young Men and the Elders. They are strong in testimony and love to serve. They are great examples for the younger boys in the quorum. They make me think of my own wonderful nephews, especially Matt who is almost 19 and will be going on his mission soon.

About the guys: Rob is a freshman in college and will be going on a mission later this year. Nick is a senior at Medina High School where he's been on the swim team and is getting ready to play lacrosse. Levi is a junior at Medina and is the ultimate athlete. He plays football (quarterback), basketball, and lacross. Elder Shenk is from Hyrum, Utah and Elder Rose is from Tremonton, UT. Elder Rose just arrived from the MTC.

And now, TA-DA. . . . Details about the contest and giveaway. . .


My friend Nicole did this on her blog and it sounded like a lot of fun. So, being the copy cat that I am, I'm doing it, too.

The first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me, my choice, for you. ( I know. . . a little scary, but maybe fun, huh?) This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:
  1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make.
  2. What I create will be just for you.
  3. It'll be done and delivered by the end of March (hopefully).
  4. You have no clue what it's going to be. It may be a story. It may be poetry or an article on properly cleaning your face before a masque. I may scrapbook something (on second thought, probably not). I may bake you something and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you, or even me. :)
The catch? Oh, the catch is that you must repost this on your blog (if you have one) and offer the same to the first 5 people who do the same on your blog. The first 5 people to do so and leave a comment asking me something they would like to know about me will then win a Fabulous homemade gift made by me! Oh, and be sure to post a picture of what you win when you get it! GO!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sister! What a great idea! I would like to know what your favorite church calling has been (of the many you have had). I have always wondered that! I can't wait to see what my surprise will be! HOpe you are doing great! Your little Brother Cole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis,

    How fun! I can't wait to see how this goes! This makes me think I need to start a blog. Maybe you could help me? Anyway, my questions are (since I want to ask more than one), 1. Where do you think you will be living in 2 years? 2. What has been the scariest thing you have had to face? 3. What has been your favorite movie you have seen in the last year (videos included)? Have a great night. We had fun at the party. I ate way too much (again), and enjoyed every bite. Love ya! Katie

    ReplyDelete